Summer is a great time to enjoy refreshing beverages with the people you care about. However, knowing what drinks to serve can be a tough battle. In this post, we’ll discuss two refreshing summer drink recipes you should try for yourself.
Watermelon Lemonade Slushie
If you’re looking for a sweet and delicious drink on a hot summer day, then this watermelon lemonade slushie is the perfect beverage for you.
- 2 pounds cubed watermelon (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- One large bunch of basil with stems and leaves roughly chopped (about 2 cups). Plus four whole leaves for garnish.
- Juice from three lemons (about 1/2 cup)
- Place the watermelon on a rimmed baking sheet and freeze for about two hours (until completely frozen).
- Over medium heat, cook the sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a small saucepan.
- Stir occasionally until the sugar is melted, which usually takes about five minutes.
- Turn off the heat, then add the chopped basil to the saucepan and stir until completely wilted. Cool for about one hour at room temperature.
- Add half of the frozen watermelon cubes to a blender. Strain the basil syrup into a blender, and push down on the basil to extract the flavor, then discard the basil.
- Add the lemon juice and blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the remaining watermelon and keep blending until completely smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into four glasses, garnish with basil leaves and enjoy!
Spiked Ombre Lemonade
This spiked lemonade is a tasty treat for those long, scorching summer days.
- 6 ounces vodka, divided
- 3 cups lemonade, divided
- 2 cups frozen mango
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 3 cups ice
- A few lemon slices and strawberries for garnish
- Add the mango to a blender with 2 ounces of vodka, 1 cup of lemonade and 1 cup of ice. Blend until smooth. Transfer the mix to a separate container and place it in your freezer for 30 minutes. Clean the blender.
- Fill the blender with strawberries, 2 ounces of vodka, 1 cup of lemonade and 1 cup of ice. Blend until smooth. Move the mixture to a separate container and freeze until ready to serve. Clean the blender.
- Add the remaining vodka to the blender, then add the lemonade and ice. Blend until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a separate container, then freeze until ready to serve.
- Pour each mix into glasses in layers, but start with the mango mixture. Then add the strawberry lemonade mix, followed by the lemonade mix.
- Garnish each glass with strawberries and lemon slices.
If you’re looking for Chicago apartments that you can use to create all of your favorite summer drinks, then be sure to contact Cobbler Square Lofts to schedule a showing today!